Paying Citations Online
By paying online:
- You are acknowledging that you have been charged with the offense/infraction noted in your citation by the charging officer.
- You are presumed by law to be not guilty/not responsible until proven guilty/responsible beyond a reasonable doubt in court.
- You are waiving your constitutional rights to a trial/hearing in open court, to confrontation of the witness(es) against you, and to representation by an attorney.
- You are pleading guilty/responsible to the offense/infraction charged in your citation.
- You are tendering to the court the sums calculated as payment of the fine/penalty and costs in this case.
If you have any questions about your legal rights and remedies, you should consult a licensed attorney. If you change your mind about paying online, you can simply click "Cancel" at any time before clicking on "Make Payment." Note that if you "Cancel" this process, your case will not be disposed, and you must appear in court on the date shown on your citation, unless you otherwise dispose of the case before that date.
The N.C. Court System uses a payment processing vendor. An additional fee will be charged by the vendor for processing your electronic payment for this citation. This additional fee will be calculated based on the amount owed for the citation. You will have the opportunity to review the total payment amount before finalizing your transaction.
Finding Your Citation
In order to pay your citation online, you must have your "Citation Number." If you do not know your Citation Number, you can use the Citation Query by Defendant Name on the court calendar to search for your citation by your name. Citations are on the court calendar only if the case has been entered into the criminal system. A few days are needed for your citation to be entered into the system. Citation information is no longer available on the court calendar when the court appearance date has passed. Not all citations are eligible for online payment; however, most waivable citations may be paid online.
Enter your Citation Number, including any letters that may be part of your citation number.